.

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Regrets Case Essay

I regret not doing a separate of things in life like telling that bully in the deuce-ace grade that I was not afraid of him or telling a teacher that I re bothy appreciated all she had dvirtuoso for me. The one regret that I fetch that has really changed where I am in my life when I messed up an prospect that I was given to be a third key manager at a higher(prenominal) end retail establishment shortly after graduating from high school.I did not get the position because I failed a urine cover song for drugs. I had smoked a little pot (three puffs to be exact) a few days prior to my interview in celebration of this opportunity as my fighters and I hung out and partied. I had no idea at the time that a little pleasur subject puff of paradise (39) from this hemp cigarette would end the most promising career opportunity that I may ever have had. After gradating from high school, I was on top of the world and loving life. My life was like a niche of chocolates (25), full of delic ious and hidden opportunities. I landed an interview for an cordial administrators (57) position and everything went well during the interview. I was offered the job upon narrow down of a experienceed drug urine screening. Drug urine screening?(12). hypothecate what? I had never had one of those before, probably because I had never had a job worthy enough of expelling urine for someone to analyze. non only was I passing unprepared for this condition of my employment, but I was actually surprisingly very sure that I was going to pass the screening despite the fact that I had smoked some cannabis three days earlier (58). At the time, I was unaware of how huge drug traces remained in my system, so I thought I would be good to go, but deep down, something did not feel quite right. another(prenominal) part of me told me that I was going to lose this once in a lifetime opportunity (55) due to a stupid choice that I made one night to party and get high with my friend Andy (69). Why didnt I just say no, as all the commercials and billboards had been urging me to do for years (24)? There is only one crystalline reason, and that is because I was stupid. No, that is not a logical reason that is a decrepit excuse. I did it because I was inconsiderate (17). I was more worried rough my image at the time than my own future (19). Selfishselfishselfish (47). And stupid. Losing the job that I had wanted so badly and that could have made a real difference in my life was highly disturbing. I disappointed myself in the worst way. I ended up working several mediocre jobs after that. However, as the old verbal expression goes, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade (51). So, I made lemonade all the way to college. present I can advance my pool of job opportunities (20) and with the pool of acquaintance that I already posses from previous mistakes, I will be able to do more than make lemonade. I can make a better career for myself and can become a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment